Sunday, April 29, 2007

Comfort food

After parting from my friends @ Raffles City, while I was on the way home, I had the urge of cooking porridge for my dinner. Dad had earlier asked whether I would like him to keep some chicken rice he would be getting from Boon Tong Kee. I told him I didn't feel like having oily meaty stuff after the roti prata lunch.

I called Mum to help me to soak the rice first and thaw the minced pork. It was no surprise that Mum already started cooking the rice in the rice cooker. As my craving for porridge was so last minute, I cooked the half frozen pork in the rice cooker, added sesame oil, pepper, soya sauce. The porridge was then poured into a plate of coriander.

Mum and Dad asked why I didn't want to take away food on the way home but I wanted home-cooked food and porridge is the easiest and fastest to prepare. I was also thinking of the hearty steamboat dinner last night.

It was sheer bliss when I ate the hot porridge :) Mum said it looks unappetitising but it tastes like heaven to me!

No comments: