Saturday, April 21, 2007

Another cat trapping mission

Yesterday morning, I took half-day leave to trap a mother cat to bring her to Pet Clinic (at Brighton Crescent) for sterilisation. It was not easy trying to get her into the carrier. The first time she was only halfway in and I didn't want to push her in and scare her. After more than 15 mins, she entered the carrier full bodied and I quickly closed the carrier door.

We had this lovely idea to also bring her few months old kitten home with her, so that when the mother cat is back from the vet today, they can happily reunite in our house. However, the kitten hid in the drain and refused to come out. I even tried to open the drain cover to see if I can get it nearer to my hands and scooped it up. But it just ran deeper into the drain tunnel. I guess the good thing is the kitten is not very trusting and when we release the mother cat tonight or tomorrow, the kitten will be there waiting for its mother.

I managed to take a photo of White Neck stretching out after having his breakfast. I hope White Neck and all community cats can happily relax without fear for their lives.

No comments: