Sunday, April 29, 2007

Jasper adapting

For the 1st time, Jasper greeted me with her cries when I walked towards the shelter in the park. On weekday mornings, mum has not seen Jasper around in the park. I also had not seen her on weekend mornings. This could mean she is feeling more at home in the park and not hiding during the day. Jasper ate some food before her owner walked the dog in the park.

Her owner also expressed her surprise as this was also her first time seeing Jasper appearing in the daytime. She didn't come very near to where I was feeding the other community cats as she didn't want the cats to be scared by her dog. She settled on a stone bench and Jasper and her dog played with each other like old friends. When she and the dog left, I think Jasper tried to follow (I didn't really notice as I was busy feeding the others).

When I was leaving the shelter, Jasper came out of the bush where she was hiding and started crying until I gave her my attention and stroked her. I gave her some food which she ate a little before she went behind the bushes again. Poor cat must have accepted that her human friends would leave her eventually after the food and hugs. Luckily the community cats seem to accept her and didn't chase her away. Now we have 2 black cats in the park.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the owner intend to take jasper back after she s given birth to her child?

coboypb said...

I don't think she will :(

Anonymous said...

I feel so sad for Jasper. :(