Thursday, April 26, 2007

Birthday leave

One of the benefits of working for this organisation is birthday leave. It's an unrecorded leave and to be taken any day from a week before the birthday to a week after.

Before meeting my good friend, Huijuan in town, I decided to look for one of the cat feeders working in a daycare centre for the disabled near the park. She and her colleague have been feeding the cats in the late afternoon and most of the time they do not clear the food away. This is littering and residents who see the mess near the carpark or the park may complain to the town council or even think it's the work of me and my parents. I managed to find her in the centre and talk to her. She seemed reasonable and happy to know that we have been feeding the cats in the morning and afternoon. It was strange that she forgot we are doing that as I once met her, talked to her and even gave her Cat Welfare Society's brochure on Responsible feeding. Maybe I look different from the last time. I told her if she's busy and can't wait for the cats to finish eating, she doesn't need to feed as we feed them twice a day. I hope the gentle reminder and me personally talking to her will improve the situation.

Huijuan and I had lunch @ Food Republic @ Wisma Atria. We shared pork floss toast, otah toast from Toast Box, tea and coffee and some dim sum. We like the condensed milk with the pork floss.


We walked around Orchard Road and a few hours later, tried ice cream on cone @ Island Creamery stall near Cold Storage @ Centrepoint. We love the taste of this flavor - Revers O. Not very sweet, chocolatey and rich! $2.50 for a single scoop and I think it's worth the money. Too bad I have no photo to show you. I know where to go when I have ice cream craving :)

We also hopped over to Central, a new mall near Clarke Quay MRT station. I bought a pair of shoes and a dress. Both shops offer discount and I spent less than $70 in total.

We decided to walk to Liang Court to have our dinner @ Kotobuki Japanese Restaurant. Huijuan brought me there a few years ago and we liked the food there. We made the right choice today of revisiting it. We shared the agedashi toufu.

The portion is quite huge. She had her favorite tori karage set

while I ate chicken porridge. The broth is tasty, quite salty but nice!


The price of our food is quite reasonable. All these (after 20% discount during happy hours - 5.30 to 7pm) cost $28plus. We also saw Japanese people having their dinner there, so the food must be quite good and authentic.

Our day off from work passed so quickly. I enjoy spending time with Huijuan and I think she feels the same way too :)

1 comment:

imp said...

i like kotobuki! it's one of my fav! liang court going to be renovated soon! June, i think. dunno if the restaurant will still be open...