Sunday, April 08, 2007

Nice family outing

We visited Ikea @ Tampines for the first time yesterday afternoon. My friend Joan warned that it will be crowded on weekends. Luckily it wasn't too bad yesterday. There were a number of empty lots in the carpark and the crowd was manageable. Sis was looking for a wardrobe but she just recorded the product specification and number on a paper as she said she doesn't want us to say that she is being impulsive. Haha. Mum and Sis also asked me to get a chest of drawers as mine is really old. I told them I can still live with mine. Maybe I will invest in a good one a few years down the road if I'm going to be a confirmed single :)

We bought a blanket (for me), fruit bowl, wooden planks (Dad will DIY and do some shelves to put the cat food in the kitchen), wooden hangers (for sis), cheerful pink shower curtains. The cafe was not as crowded as I thought. I was almost drooling at people eating the Swedish meatballs and chicken wings and eyeing at others eating their takeaway ice cream and hot dogs. But I must curb my hunger for a more yummy dinner. Sis suggested going somewhere for BBQ stingray. I rattled a few places like East Coast Park Food centre, Changi Village and Old Airport Road Food Centre. In the end, Old Airport won.


I ordered the fried fish bee hoon soup
as it was my choice of food for dinner when I used to learn tennis with Fion and Lee Choon nearby. Mum had seafood soup from the same stall
as her stomach had been feeling unsettled after she ate my healthy chocolate mousse. (Hee. I hope my friends didn't have the same problem. I feel alright eating that on Fri and even eating it this morning with banana).

We all tried the kangkong (without sambal)

and BBQ stingray
which were Sis' main course. Not bad. Dad ate fried kuay teow.
I found it a bit too sweet.

Mum ordered steamed tapioca with coconut flakes.

After so much food, I could only stare at the bananas hanging at the goreng pisang stall
as there was no more space in my stomach. It was a good dinner and I really enjoyed it as it had been a long time since we last ate out at an inaccessible place as a family. Sis commented that I looked a bit crazy beaming away at the end of the dinner. Hee.

No comments: