Friday, January 27, 2006
I took time off yesterday and couldn't resist trying out this nutella cake recipe. Instead of pouring the batter into a baking tin, I decided to portion it into 12 muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with chopped hazelnuts and cranberry. My parents like the taste but sis finds it too dense and the nutella to be pathetic. I will definitely add more nutella or switch to chocolate chips if I use this recipe the next time.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Sunday, January 22, 2006
I think the party organised by Slushy was a great opportunity for Ainsley to interact with us and the playmates, friends and relatives to catch up and for everyone to celebrate Ainsley growing up and reaching 1 years old in a few days' time.
Besides catering for 55 people, Slushy also made potato egg salad, tea eggs and teriyaki and rosemary chicken wings. Hui Jen also brought her famous baked rice. The guests were spoilt for choice. Fairy Godmother also did a beautiful flower arrangement on the spot.
Read more about the party on Slushy's blog!
Friday, January 20, 2006
For the past 2 weeks, I have been using my handphone camera to take photos, which are not as nice as my Casio digicam. However, my camera has been away at the Casio Service centre and I have not heard from them. Today, I called the centre and the guy told me that it will cost at least $240 to repair the faulty lens and he does not recommend me to repair. I guess I will have to start hunting for a new camera.
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
I just showed Slushy my workstation before she left this building. She commented my workshop seemed kind of bare as I didn’t put many personal effects. I think it’s also because most of my stuff are still in the boxes (since I shifted from 23rd floor to this 11th floor on 15 Aug last year!).
It was really nice to see Slushy and I look forward to her baby Ainsley’s birthday party this Sat. I shall see if I have time to walk down to this shop (few streets’ away) to buy containers and paper cups for my cup cakes this Sat. With my computer away for repair (again!), I guess I can find some time after dinner :>
Friday, January 13, 2006
I suggested the crazy idea of massaging each other’s feet using my Loccitane’s cooling gel. I was so ticklish by the sight of sis doing it for me. Haha.
My plate (1st round) on Sat morning:
Our last breakfast in Bangkok on Mon: Sis' plate looked like some French dish
and my 2nd last plate had to include the yummy breaded pork cutlet
1. Seafood dinner: Sis and I met my friend and his wife for dinner on our first night in Bangkok. The curry crab, spicy seafood tom yam soup, claypot vermicelli prawns, fried prawn cakes were delicious. I was so excited and happily savouring the food that I had no time to dug out my hp to take some photos of the food.
2. Chatuchak Weekend Market: I bought most of my purchases there – tops for Mum, myself, 2 bags, slippers and nice keychains. Sis also got herself some tweed looking jacket and some other stuff (which I suddenly can’t recall). I like one of the shops “Nice Little Clay” where I got a bag with cat cartoon and I was tempted to get a similar looking cup and T-shirt. There is also this groovy shop selling beaded “curtains” and lamps. So pretty!
3. Some parts of Central World Plaza (aka World Trade Centre) – Both of us bought the same shoes (different sizes and colours) from Zen the departmental store. A halter-top for me at a open concept shop outside Mister Donut.
I managed to buy some stuff as Ainsley’s birthday present. I will give it to her and Slushy at her party next Sat, so I shan’t reveal the items.
4. Suom Lom Night Market – I prefer Chatuchak to Suom Lom as there are more interesting stuff. At Suom Lom, most of the shops selling clothes and décor items look similar. I only manage to buy some nice keychains and sis didn’t find anything she likes. This is a unique shop selling quilts and cushion covers
5. Train network – Sis and I have no problem in getting around Bangkok after we have learnt how to take the train to Siam Square, Suom Lom night market.
Cheap Wacoal bras from MBK’s Tokyo department selling at $20+ to $30+
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Friday, January 06, 2006
Take care, everyone. I will be back in Singapore next Mon evening.
Thursday, January 05, 2006
My casio digicam is also down for diagnosis @ the service centre. The customer service person said they will call me sometime next week or following to let me know the problem and quote me the repair cost. I will be in Bangkok with no digicam. I have a few friends who have offered theirs but I decide to give my handphone camera the challenge of capturing some nice photos.
It has been crazy @ work and with this and that breaking down on me, I'm really looking forward to a nice holiday.
New Year's Day: 2 half loaves of wholemeal bread and white bread expiring on that day. What to do? I decided to make bombay toast on my own without mum around. After the experience, it seems that wholemeal bread doesn't make good bombay toast and white bread absorbs the egg and sugar mixture better. My family feedback that I should be a bit more generous with the egg and sugar but I think I did rather well in my first unsupervised attempt :>
This was taken on New Year's Eve by my handphone camera. I had to make do since my camera broke down. I tried to make these choc-centred cookies look more appealing to children because I'm thinking of baking them for Slushy's baby Ainsley's birthday party on 21 Jan 2006. Maybe some cupcakes too. I will need to conduct a baking experiment after my Bangkok holiday this weekend :>
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
I baked a chocolated centred cookie with some coloured bits on top as decoration. After taking a few photos, my digicam went bonkers and subsequent photos have white horizontal line appearing.
What a way to end 2005! Without photos and unable to blog. It feels strange but it does free my time to do other things like reading, packing my room, etc. I hope my CPU and digicam get well soon.