Friday, January 13, 2006

What I like about my Bangkok holiday

1. Seafood dinner: Sis and I met my friend and his wife for dinner on our first night in Bangkok. The curry crab, spicy seafood tom yam soup, claypot vermicelli prawns, fried prawn cakes were delicious. I was so excited and happily savouring the food that I had no time to dug out my hp to take some photos of the food.

2. Chatuchak Weekend Market: I bought most of my purchases there – tops for Mum, myself, 2 bags, slippers and nice keychains. Sis also got herself some tweed looking jacket and some other stuff (which I suddenly can’t recall). I like one of the shops “Nice Little Clay” where I got a bag with cat cartoon and I was tempted to get a similar looking cup and T-shirt. There is also this groovy shop selling beaded “curtains” and lamps. So pretty!

3. Some parts of Central World Plaza (aka World Trade Centre) – Both of us bought the same shoes (different sizes and colours) from Zen the departmental store. A halter-top for me at a open concept shop outside Mister Donut.
I managed to buy some stuff as Ainsley’s birthday present. I will give it to her and Slushy at her party next Sat, so I shan’t reveal the items.

4. Suom Lom Night Market – I prefer Chatuchak to Suom Lom as there are more interesting stuff. At Suom Lom, most of the shops selling clothes and décor items look similar. I only manage to buy some nice keychains and sis didn’t find anything she likes. This is a unique shop selling quilts and cushion covers


5. Train network – Sis and I have no problem in getting around Bangkok after we have learnt how to take the train to Siam Square, Suom Lom night market.
Cheap Wacoal bras from MBK’s Tokyo department selling at $20+ to $30+

6. This is the first trip that Sis and I traveled together and I was glad that we didn’t kill each other and got along fine :>

1 comment:

kuro.shiro.neko said...

Nice Little Clay my favourite stall at Chatuchak :)

however their stuff not cheap. I also have a bag same size as yours in army green