Sunday, April 15, 2007

Thunder tea rice

After hearing a few friends raving about it and a few other pooh-poohing it, I got to try the dish @ Food Republic @ Vivo City last evening.


@ $4.50 for the brown rice version, I enjoyed every mouthful of the rice mixed with the veggies, ikan bilis and peanuts

and the green tea (basil smelling) soup.

Mum can't stand the smell of the basil and said I'm weird to like it. Haha. She had this minced pork mee with deep fried meat balls set. She likes it for the black vinegar.


You can see for yourself my verdict for thunder tea rice :)

2 comments:

KXBC said...

I had the lei cha fan last Sat too. 2nd time having this rice dish.

It's an acquired taste I would say. especially the basil soup.

I chomped on the peanuts and various vege until my jaws were aching.

coboypb said...

Haha. My jaws didn't ache that much when I ate that dish. I will definitely eat it again :)