Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sailing @ Changi

I was inspired to paint/draw this after going for yacht sailing @ Changi Sailing Club yesterday afternoon with some friends. I also didn't bring my camera, so I couldn't share photos of the yacht and the nice scenery. We sailed around the area to a tiny island called Frog Island near Pulau Ubin. We didn't bring our swim wear but some of us jumped off the yacht to swim a short distance to the frog island where some Malay family camped there to fish. The beach was filled with dead coral and shells and we had to be careful not to step on sharp pieces and occasional glass shards. We explored the other end of the island which has algae covered rocks. We found some oysters sticking on the rocks. With the help of a rock, one of the guys managed to open the shells and we had a little feast of oyster flesh after washing with salty sea water. It was an enjoyable and interesting experience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds relaxing and fun. The water looks really realistic.

coboypb said...

Artrage is cool. The water looks like that because I was doing "oil painting" and I used "my brush" to create thick horizontal strokes.

Anonymous said...

All these creations are great. Can you do one of ainsley for my scrapbook? ;p

coboypb said...

You mean I do one cartoon of Ainsley? I'm not sure if I can draw something that will do justice to her adorable features. I will try and let you know if I come up with something nice :)