Monday, July 25, 2005

Inspiration from ET

Last evening, I was watching Steven Spielberg's ET with sis and mum and we were crying a little at the end where ET, Elliot and his siblings were saying their goodbyes. The forested area where ET phoned home has inspired me to draw the following where my imaginary cat and I are camping under the starry sky. Sis actually laughed when she read that I wrote the cats in my earlier painting are my imaginary adopted cats. She must be thinking I'm quite pathetic to imagination/painting since I can't adopt a cat. Hee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems that you're developing an affinity for cats which I had not seen in you before this. Keep up the good work of your doodlings. I look forward to more.

Anonymous said...

I remember watching ET when I was very young and sadly, thinking of this memory, though nostalgic, is also painful, as my dad was the one who encouraged us to watch it and yet he is not here today to enjoy it with me anymore. I think that is one of the biggest reasons I have not watched this movie again, though I remember the story quite well (considering I was probably only 7 when I watched it).

coboypb said...

Thanks for your encouragement. I'm trying to exercise the creative side of my brain and ride on my inspirations. Sorry to bring back sad memory for you too.