Saturday, July 23, 2005

Running out of time?

Yesterday morning I was telling mum and sis that time passes quickly and it’s Friday again. Mum of course used that opportunity to tell me and sis that we should work hard to look for our Mr Right. Haha. I sort of expected that but right now, my priority is more to find my purpose in life, learn interesting things and if on the way, I find that someone, it will be nice. If not, I'm happy with the friends I make and how I live my life.

I am reviewing how I have been spending my time after work. With my swimming and tennis lessons, it means 2 weekday evenings gone. My friend is arranging for tennis practice session possibly every Mon and I will normally meet friend(s) for dinner on another evening. This means I’m left with a weekday evening to go home for dinner with parents and help mum to clean hamsters’ homes (or mum claims I’m more of a hindrance since I like to pick them up instead of picking up their little droppings). Luckily there is still the weekend. Sometimes I will stay @ home to relax, read, bake or go out with friends or family.

Hopefully after 6 more swimming lessons, I can swim front crawl as well as my breast stroke for a few continuous laps without feeling exhausted . Coach taught us the leg and hip movement for butterfly style and maybe I could fly across the pool after the lessons. Hee. Tennis has been an expensive sports to learn after buying myself a $270 racket and investing $240 in 8 group lessons with Singapore Tennis Association. My friends and I are going for another 4 lessons @ $120 to correct/improve our strokes. With their encouragement and my determination, my ball sense has improved slightly and I hope I will be able to play a good rally with my friends soon.

In about 2 months' time, I could practise what I have learned and lead a healthy lifestyle of swimming and playing tennis regularly. I will keep a look out and see how I can use what I have learnt and my work experience to help people/animals around me :) I'm not letting time run ahead of me. I will keep in pace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacin, I'm still waiting for you to join me at the tennis court soon leh;) When ? When?? :)

coboypb said...

Aiyoh, who's this anonymous person? Let me take a guess. It must be Hui Jen. Hee.

Be patient. Let me finish 4 more tennis lessons and hopefully I can have a better control of my tennis ball and aim and we can have a rally :)