Thursday, July 28, 2005

Me getting old

This morning I was supposed to join Slushy, her baby Ainsley, her hubby and Fairy Godmother for an outing @ the zoo. However, I have to miss that and a kayaking activity organised by my company in the evening because I woke up with running nose. I don't want to spread whatever weird virus I have to my friends. On Tues evening, I had fever of 37.3 degree celsius. I took a fever tablet and turned in @ 10pm. Yesterday morning, I felt alright with no fever. Last evening, the fever came back to haunt me. My temperature was 37.7.

This zoo outing has been planned a few weeks ago and I have taken leave and been looking forward to it. Today is also Slushy's birthday. Happy Birthday, Slushy! Hope you all enjoyed yourselves @ the zoo. Anyway, I went to the nearby clinic and got a MC for today and 5 different types of medicine (antibiotic, sore throat, flu, phlegm and fever). My GP is only interested in treating my symptoms and I'm still clueless how I fell sick. I also managed to go for a haircut nearby. I can't stand my unruly hair, so it's time for a trim.

Mum cooked her yummy porridge with crabstick, carrot, peanuts and cabbage, coriander, oat and also brewed some chrysanthemum tea. Mum and I suspect it's because I have been only getting 6 hours of sleep on the average and I'm not as strong as before. It's kind of disappointing that my body of 27 years is ageing so quickly but I will work with it to see how I achieve optimal hours of sleep. Hee. Gone were the days where I was healthy and not take mc for the entire year until 3 years ago.

Hope I will be almost as good as new tomorrow. I have already made plans to meet some friends for dinner tomorrow and lunch on Sat and I hope I don't have to cancel them.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Take care! sounds like a bad flu.

coboypb said...

Thanks, Dawn. I'm working hard in having plenty of rest and fluid. But nothing can keep me away from blogging and reading other people's blog. Hee.

JerL said...

Missed you at the zoo! It was such a pity you couldn't come with us, but then it's important to rest well too.. The flu bug has been passing around my office too.. A lot of my colleagues are down with flu and fever too.

JerL said...

surprisingly, although you are sick, you can still blog? amazing!

coboypb said...

My mind, a little whoozy from the flu tablet, just refused to rest. Hee.

Nausicaa said...

Hi, we really missed you. We need to schedule another outing.

Anonymous said...

nice...

auto tuning