Sunday, September 30, 2007

Baking many ginger cookies

On Fri night, I started preparing the ingredients and mixing them to make the dough for my ginger cookies. Some of them will be sold at Food for Thought and the rest will go into the stomachs of mine, mum and some friends who like them.

I kept the cookie dough in the fridge and rolled and baked them on Sat morning.


I managed to bake at least 150 cookies. I felt quite tired after all the baking and washing up but I'm happy that mum likes the cookies. This time, the cookies turn out soft instead of crispy - similar to baked moon cake skin or gingerbread men.


If you are visiting Food for Thought cafe this week, you may see this label on a cookie jar. I shall wait to hear from the cafe on the response to my cookies. I'm not sure whether people take to soft ginger cookies but it's fun to bake something that my mum, friends and I like :)

No comments: