Sunday, September 02, 2007

Food for Thought

For lunch today, my friends and I visited this cafe, Food for Thought .

We have been wanting to visit it for the past few months and finally managed to find time to meet up.

There was a lunch time crowd and I could understand why after all the eating and drinking. We had the fennel shitake mushroom soup. It's light without the cream and full of mushroom goodness.

Next was 2 platters of sandwiches. We tried all the sandwiches on the menu - grilled spring vegetables, slow roasted pull pork. braised pork, grilled sausage. basil pesto chicken. The butter buns baked by the chief, David were great and the salad that went with the sandwiches was refreshing.

We also had Lychee Freeze drink. I found lychee bits in it! Cool.

There is always room for dessert and we shared a Red Velvet Cake. Not too sweet with cream cheese icing - I love it! And it was freshly baked early this morning.

When our friend asked how we like our food, I told her I like everything :) I will definitely bring my family and friends to the cafe in the future.

2 comments:

Nausicaa said...

wow, that cake looks amazingly red! ;p

Dawn said...

What a lovely concept!