Friday, September 14, 2007

Kitty litter

I have been trying to read up on the best cat litter I should be using for Angel. Currently, we are using clumping cat litter. I read that the dust and any bits cats breathe in or lick from the fur will form a clump in the system. So scary.

I have tried recycled paper pellets but he just chews on them and not keen to pee and poo on the pellets I tried to introduce a little to the litter tray of cat sand/clay.

I read on the net that some wheat or corn cob based litter is good but I think Angel may try to eat the pellets too. Now I'm thinking whether pine litter will be suitable.

Any advice?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've tried several types of pine litter for Mia and Mow but "Pee Wee" is still the best. It absorbs odours well and disintegrates better upon contact with liquids.

kuro.shiro.neko said...

if you only have one cat, silica cat litter may be the most convenient. just need to scoop poo daily and change the entire tray every 3-4 weeks. effortless.

how i wish i only have 1 cat... haha...