Monday, September 03, 2007

Good food, company and kids

My friends, their kids and I met up for dinner at Sun with Moon Japanese Restaurant at Central near Clarke Quay yesterday evening. I think I was smiling/laughing most of the time at the unexpected things said and asked by the kids. The food was also satisfying. I had sukiyaki while the others had miso cod fish, teriyaki chicken, unagi don and salmon "claypot".

The photos of the desserts look enticing. My friends had matcha tiramisu, matcha ice cream and tofu cheese cake (which looks so pretty in the cage). I tried the sesame ice cream. Yummy!

After dinner, we took a walk along Clarke Quay and I was surprised to see the transformation and changes. I have been to Central a few times but not explored beyond. The restaurants look quite nice in the protruding glass cases of the shophouses. Sometimes I feel like a tourist in Singapore :)

I rarely interact with children. I do get to meet with young people in secondary schools and junior colleges when they help me out at Cat Welfare Society's booth to sell the merchandise. Some are interested to know more and we can talk about cats, stray cats and animal. Some are just interested in earning CIP hours and our relationship is more transactional - they help me, I help them.

Yesterday talking to my friend's 2 young children was refreshing. They asked questions, were interested in the food and our conversation and made some funny observations. I don't think I could carry a conversation with any adult when I was their age. Wow, my childhood seems like a long long time ago. I have fond memories of my parents bringing sis and I to East Coast Park for picnics with aunties and cousins. I always admire my parents and other parents who have tried their best to spend time with their children and teach good values. If not for them, I may not turn out this way :)

1 comment:

Juliet Pang said...

i love sesame ice-cream!!!!!! i want! :) babe ur cat's looking gorgeous. wat a blessed lil kitty.