Sunday, December 31, 2006

The day before 2007

I have spent almost the whole day at home except for feeding the community cats in the morning and just now.

In the late morning, I cleaned and made the surface of my piano shiny by using Lemon Pledge before I tried playing some of David Lanz's pieces and other old pieces I used to practise when I was learning piano.

In the mood of tidying my bedroom, I moved on to packing the drawers where I keep gifts and cards from friends, extracted forms and materials that I would need when I man the booth for Cat Welfare Society at the cat show @ Malay Village on 7 Jan (Sun) 2007.

Lunch was junk food of spicy tapioca chips, St Leaven's cranberry bread sticks and chocolate while sis and I watched the movie "Red Eye", the DVD my friend lent me. Quite exciting.

I have borrowed the next 2 books in the Termeraire series from the library and Esther. So far I'm only halfway of book 2: Throne of Jade while sis has already finished that and Book 3: Black Powder War. I will try to complete book 2 over the next few days and start by reading more of it later.

I initially wanted to bake today but it would mean not being able to do the above activities, so for dinner, I made a simple dish of instant noodle with the cod roe sauce, egg and shitake mushroom . My instant noodle didn't turn out soggy and tasteless as it did in the past as I didn't over cook it in boiling water in a pan but it was quite dry. I shall remember to retain some of the boiled water it is soaked in to give it some moisture the next time. Otherwise, the noodle tasted quite yummy although mum wasn't keen to try. Hee.

In a few more hours, it will be 2007. I hope the new year will be a good year for my friends, family, the community cats and my hamsters :)

No comments: