Sunday, December 03, 2006

Shopping @ Ikea

After a hearty lunch, we went down to Queenways Shopping centre as Sis wanted to get a pair of Nike sports shoes that she has been eyeing. The prices there are about 15% (new range) to 30% (old season) lower than retail prices. She bought what she wanted and I also bought a pair that I could wear with my jeans on days I want to walk around comfortably.

Over to Ikea Alexandra, we got cute heart shaped freebies and shopping bags. I always like going through Ikea and admire the furniture and decor ideas. Not that I can put any of them to use since I'm staying with my parents and our house and my bedroom are already cluttered but it is nice to just look at the displays.

We bought a water jug, some colourful plastic plates (that could be used to put the cat food for the cats). I also bought the plastic mugs that I thought I could show my boss and colleagues to see if they think it's a good idea to use them to hold warm coffee and tea when we meet visitors occasionally. Currently the canteen's drink vendor and the admin dept will only provide porcelain cups and saucers for meeting hosted by directors and CEO. For other meetings not involving senior management, the drink vendor provides styrofoam cups. I am thinking that we could invest in some of these Ikea plastic mugs for such meetings but it also means we have to wash the mugs ourselves after the meetings. Some people said we still have to use water to wash them.

No comments: