Sunday, December 03, 2006

Fishy dish

For dinner earlier, I was adventurous and decided to try out the Japanese cod roe sauce I bought form the supermarket after a friend recommended it to me. My mistake was not to thaw the slab of fish earlier but I was hungry (after reading the first chapter of MM Lee's book "The Singapore Story and falling asleep as I am down with) and couldn't wait. While waiting for the fish to cook at the side of the pan, I stir fried the portobello mushrooms and udon and throw in the sauce. The end product was edible partly due to the salty cod roe sauce but there is still a lot of improvement need. I ask sis to try it but she was put off by the look of it. hee.

The packet of cod roe sauce looks like this and comes in 2 servings. I shall ask mum to try it if she wants for her lunch one of these days or I shall use it again for one of my weekend meals.

No comments: