Sunday, December 31, 2006

Lunch with family @ Sun with Moon

I have been visiting Sun with Moon @ Wheelock Place with my friends and I thought it would be nice to introduce my parents and sis to the nice food there too. It seems to be quite hard to get reservations at the restaurant, so I booked way in advance a few days before yesterday.

The lunch experience yesterday with my family was good. I was happy to see them enjoying the food as much as me. We ordered different sets for variety, so that we could sample the different dishes. I had tried the miso cod set before and I like it, so I ordered that. The miso sauce goes well with the cod fish and I like the sashimi salad .

Sis had some duck and toufu set . She prefers our sets but I thought her set is quite yummy too.

Dad tried the beef sirloin set . The most expensive of all our sets but it was worth it as the medium done beef was tender and juicy and it came with peppery fried rice .

I recommended the simmered mackerel and pork katsu set to mum. I don't like the mackerel but the pork katsu makes up for it. We ended our meal with their strong coffee . I normally don't drink coffee but when I'm @ Sun with Moon, I will order their coffee or iced tea.

This is the first time we went to a Japanese restaurant as a family. Dad is not adventurous about eating Japanese food as he thinks it tastes very different from Chinese and western food. Sun with Moon set has a good variety and sometimes I think the cooking style is similar to mum's and dad's fusion cooking style. I'm glad I brought them there as we could go there together in future but we agree that such good food is meant to be enjoyed once in a while.

No comments: