Saturday, September 10, 2005

Chocolate Cake in muffin cups

Yesterday afternoon I decided to bake a batch of choc cake after the good reviews from my family. However, this time, I used Phoon Huat's dark choc couverture drops instead of Cadbury's Dark choc. For the whipping of the egg white, mum and I used her electric mixer instead of our arm power. Although it was faster, the mixer didn't do a thorough job of beat all the egg whites well. We still had to do a bit of hand whisking. Instead of big aluminium containers, I used muffin cups. 13 cups were used and mum said that's a lucky number :P

Before 30 mins was up, we could smell some burnt "aroma". I took it out and the skewer test showed the cake to be cooked. After dinner, mum and I tried one of the cake muffins and I found the bottom burnt. The cake tasted less sweet than the last time and not as souffle like. Mum still preferred the last batch of the choc cake. Dad had it for breakfast and likes it. Sis agreed with Mum that this batch has less kick. I will try to perfect it the next time!

No comments: