Sunday, September 25, 2005

What do I really want?

I have always have the luxury of having enough free time after work on weekday evenings and weekends to spend time alone (baking, reading, blogging, relaxing, etc) or go out with family or friends. However for the past 2 weeks, some of my colleagues and I are asked to help another division with their work and this involves working on weekends till probably end Oct 2005. Suddenly, I have less control of my free time. I have stopped my tennis lessons and told my friends I can't meet them in the meantime because I can't confirm whether I can leave office on time or have last minute assignment or meeting. No time for baking too :(

This feeling makes me question whether I'm staying in this job for the right reasons. Sometimes I feel that I'm not appreciated, I'm wasting my time not doing the things I believe in or feel passionate about. Sometimes I feel fortunate that I have a job and earning a good income after working in the same company for the past 5 years. Sometimes I wonder what I really want. I hope one day I will find my answer. And that thought kind of makes me feel lighter :)

1 comment:

Nausicaa said...

Hi, hope that this gets settled soon and you can start to plan for your activities again. I feel that I have been in this mode a while too.