Thursday, September 29, 2005

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Sis managed to get free tickets for the Corpse Bride for her good friend and me on Tues evening. I was happy to catch the animated movie as I like Tim Burton's The Nightmare before Christmas. The movie started out in grey tones with the butterfly the only colourful character in blue. The expressions of the characters look either sinister or sad, skinny or fat. I like the piano piece played by the lead character, the guy voiced by Johnny Depp. Sis thought the corpse bride looks beautiful. I would have agreed if her right eyeball doesn't pop out of the socket every now and then. Hee. Parts of the show are a little draggy while I feel some scenes should be further fleshed out. However, it was an enjoyable movie with me tearing a little and smiling in the end :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI coboypb, nice to see updates to your blog. Haven't had chance to add comments recently.

I intend to try to catch this movie too. See how it goes with timing. Only heard snippets of the storyline here and there.

JerL said...

This is one movie I intent to watch. Somehow it is strange that we don't watch movies together. :)