Saturday, August 20, 2005

Chocolate Cake

After resting from the expedition to the supermarket, I prepared the ingredients according to this "Seriously Rich Chocolate Cake" recipe from a book. I couldn't find any best quality dark chocolate at Fairprice, so I bought the Cadbury dark chocolate instead. This is a flourless cake and I had to melt the dark choc with butter, stir in grounded almond and 6 egg yolks. Mum and I took turns to whisk the egg whites because it was really tiring to whisk until soft peaks were forms and after adding sugar, we were looking out for stiff peaks. I then folded the egg white stuff into choc mixture.

The middle of the cake sunk as I opened the oven door a few times to check if the cakes were ready. I'm happy when mum, dad and I had our first bite of the cake and we think it tasted nice. Sis just ate a big chunk of it and agreed that it tasted like some chocolate souffle. I was asking Sis if I should bring some to office and let my friends try. She immediately said no as the cake is not enough for her appetite. Haha.

1 comment:

tytty said...

i think there's something innocently sweet about baking something to be enjoyed with your family later.