Saturday, August 27, 2005

Very Special Arts

Today I went out for lunch with parents @ Raffles City food court. While Dad headed for the library @ Esplanade, Mum and I shopped around Raffles City. At level one of the mall, there was Very Special Arts Annual Art Exhibition 2005. We were impressed by the beautiful paintings as they were done by people with disabilities like autism and Down's Syndrome. The last day of the exhibition is 30 Aug, so you can still catch it. Crafts like bookmarks, christmas card made by these special people are also on sale. I bought this magnet from a hearing impaired lady, Mimi. Isn't it cute? I asked her to write "Home sweet home" for me.

She has other cute magnet designs like a teddy bear in a t-shirt or holding a heart. I have scanned the postcard that has information about the crafts she can make and her contact details (click on image for a clear enlarged version). If any of you are interested, you can pop down by 30 Aug to check out her crafts or contact her by email or sms to find out more.

No comments: