Saturday, March 31, 2007

Soot ball

This soot ball is one of the cartoon characters in Miyazaki's cartoon, Spirited away. I bought this keychain for sis when I was in Tokyo for a holiday last year. Sis finds this character adorable.

Last night, her friend was squeezing the soot ball quite hard. Sis wasn't happy about it and tried to take it back from her friend who resisted. Tug of war and the chain and the ball broke apart. Sis was angry but she didn't really show it but punched her friend on her arm. Her friend said Sis shouldn't pull it.

I am touched that the soot ball matters so much to her. She told her friends after her incident that I brought it all the way for her from Japan and she doesn't appreciate it being ill treated. So I sewed the ball and the chain back together. Sis is touched that I bother to sew it up and she's happy that her soot ball can be attached back to her handphone pouch again :)

4 comments:

kuro.shiro.neko said...

i can understand how your sis felt, cos the soot ball cannot be easily found in singapore.

imagine my sadness when i dropped the cat handphone pouch in early feb :(

that was a great loss!

Anonymous said...

i bought my soot ball keychain from singapore. looks more furry than yours though.

Anonymous said...

hello dc, may i know where did u get it from in singapore? want to buy one but couldnt find it anywhere. thanks(:

Anonymous said...

hello dc, may i know where did u get it from in singapore? want to buy one but couldnt find it anywhere. thanks(: