Sunday, May 13, 2007

A taste of parenthood


The kitten was sound asleep at 8 plus am yesterday morning while I bleary eyed decided not to sleep anymore. I can kind of relate how my mother used to feel when she was taking care of me and sis when we were babies.

This is a cute shot of the kitten while it was sleeping over the arm of Sis.

The person who dumped this kitten didn't think about the fate of it at all. We wonder whether he/she picked the place at the void deck (where we feed Noisy) deliberately. Now our lives have changed. We have not had cats as pets before. After caring the community cats for the past 2 years, we have contemplated bringing one of them, Fat Cat home but we have not done so as we have 4 hamsters at home and Fat Cat may be used to his outdoor life already.

Now with this kitten, we have to make some adjustments. Dad doesn't seem keen to keep the kitten. Mum feels that we should keep it since we are making so much efforts to take care of it now. Sis is keen. As for myself, my concern is for mum who is already busy taking care of the family, community cats and the hamsters. With a kitten, she may be overwhelmed. She is a housewife while the rest of us are working. I do not want her to get overly stressed. In the meantime, I'll take one step at a time and learn how to take care of the kitten.

By the way, we think it's a he and we are thinking of a suitable name.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kitten is lucky to be found. I hope it'll grow up strong and healthy. Throwing in a few names for your consideration - Lucky? Twinkle? Junior?

JerL said...

I'm so glad your mom found the kitten. Looks really cute. Can I come and visit the kitty some time?