Saturday, May 12, 2007

Poor kitten

Some idiot dumped a newborn kitten (eyes not opened yet) at the void deck of our flat. I was outside with my friend when mum called me about it. She and Dad didn't know what to do. When I reached the void deck around 10pm, I saw the kitten in an uncovered mini styrofoam icebox and it was still breathing. I took it home with me.

Back home, I used some wet wipes to clean the kitten and mum prepared some milk from our powder milk formula. We have no choice but I will go get kitten formula from pet shop tomorrow morning. The kitten has been drinking the milk every hour every time we introduce the dropper to its tongue.

Sis got a box from her office and use her old t-shirt as the bedding. This is the kitten. I have removed the "blanket" to quickly take a photo of it.


Sis is currently holding it close to her heart to keep it warm and to reassure it's being cared for.

Later I'll put it in the box near my bed and I shall try to wake up every few hours to check on it. I hope the kitten will survive under our care.

5 comments:

lingcat said...

The kitten doesn't look too thin, he/she may have a good chance of survival with proper care.

My Wasabi was abandoned as young, I had to bottle feed her. Tough job, but rewarding in the end when she grew big and BAD. =)

Anonymous said...

good luck. :) hope kitty will grow big and strong.

jennifer_yq said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennifer_yq said...

so nice of u to keep it at home or else it will 100% die in the street...

if i am not wrong, u will need to wipe its bottom to ensure it poo/pee after every meal... as the eyes are still close.

it is hard work taking care of kitten, the pairs i had at home also need milk when i first had them, They used to cry even at 3 am plus... now as i feed them soft food, they no longer cry in the middle of the night.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jennifer, you'll have to wipe its bottom as the mother cat will do that to stimulate the kitten's bowel movements. You'll also have to teach it how to go toilet and cover up next time. Think Horus' mummy never did that; he keeps leaving his poo open for me to see even after 10 years! sigh...

I'm sure the kitten will thrive under your care; let me know! :)