Tuesday, May 01, 2007

MacRitchie Reservoir & Goreng Pisang

I thought with Dad's new toy we should venture to MacRitchie Reservoir. The reservoir didn't look as good as it would have looked in the morning.



I led parents along the boardwalk and mum was a bit scared by the monkeys appearing at parts of the forest. I told mum and dad to just walk normally and not make any sudden movement. The monkeys themselves would break into internal fights. I didn't take out my camera to shoot the monkeys as they might mistake that I was going to give them food.

The father of this family carried his kids up on the tree branch and his wife took photos of them.

When we reached the dirt paths, they were quite muddy and slippery. We had to be careful. When it was nearing 6.30pm, we started to get a bit hungry and decided to head towards Lornie Road.

We had dinner @ Shunfu Mart - simple meal of rice and some dishes. A pity that the stall "Chocolate N Spice" was closed on Labour Day or I could have bought some muffins for my family to enjoy tomorrow.

Mum and I have some cravings for kueh and it suddenly struck me that Longhouse is nearby and we could get some goreng pisang (banana fritter). So Mum and I walked over to Longhouse to get goreng pisang, tapioca and green bean fritters. A nice way to end our dinner.

The photo looks overexposed due to the flash. I took this quickly while we were walking back quickly to meet Dad. Mum was already munching away and I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into them :)

No comments: