Saturday, May 20, 2006

Dinner @ Tonkichi & the Da Vinci Code movie

Yesterday, Kuro.Shiro.Neko messaged me if I was free to catch the Da Vinci Code movie with her last night as she had a free pair of tickets. Although I have read the book before, I don't really enjoy the book as much as the other people I know but I won't miss out on a free movie and good company.

We had dinner @ Tonkichi @ Shaw House and we had the tonkatsu (premium grain fed pork) bento. I choose loin meat while she had the fillet. @ $21++, it comes with rice, some pickles, fresh cabbage, miso soup, mackerel and slices of watermelon. The breaded pork loin is nice and tender. Kuro.Shiro.Neko raved about the tonkatsu in her blog too. And we had many cups of the buckwheat tea.

The Da Vinci Code movie was more than 2 hours long. It was full house @ Lido 2 cinema and luckily the chairs were not uncomfortable like its other theatres. But I feel that the chair is not as comfortable as the ones in Cineleisure and Golden Village as my back and bum ached a little after sitting through the movie (even though I tried to sit upright instead of slouching).

Back to the movie, I don't find it fantastic. It's good that the movie fleshes out the characters in the book but I don't find it very engaging. Perhaps in the first place, I don't find the book that great. It's interesting but not one of my favorite books. However, the movie does help to clarify some parts of the book that I wasn't clear about.

No comments: