Monday, November 28, 2005

Another hamster baby!

Mum called me @ home yesterday morning when they were shopping for grocery. My parents saw a hamster running in a plastic container near an aquarium stall in a wet market @ Ang Mo Kio Ave 10. They found the hamster pitiful as some of the sawdust were wet with water spilled from a plate, the hamster's bum looked wet. No sign of food was around. Sunlight was shining into one side of the container. Mum asked whether we should buy the hamster and rescue it from its horrible living conditions. I told her why not as our house has room for another hamster. (We have 3 winter whites and 1 campbells, each living in a "bungalow" aka big plastic container) They bought the hamster @ $6 and Mum told the owner that he should put the hamster's container in a shady place.

The hamster should be at least 6 months old. Quite puny. I still can't tell whether it's a boy or a girl but sis named it Pip. Pip must have never seen so much food in its life and it stuffed its cheek pouches with food (looking like a furry cobra) and run around the new house and on the exercise. Here are some cute photos of Pip:



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, your new hamster lives near my place...i'm wondering if the wet market is his place of birth. Then Pip must be an Ang Moh!

I rename you in my blog as "Hamster Queen", maybe you should choose a crazy name for me in your blog...using real name is getting too "oh-biang" nowsaday.

jennifer_yq said...

contragulation on getting another campbell drawf..i used to own two but both passed away in aug and sept this year. my mum not really keen for me to keep another pair.

BTW, u can also joined this hamster forum:

www.hamsterhideout.com
then sign in free and go to the forum to intro urself...this site is also set up by a singaporean

The members there are v good and give good advice for ur hamsters.
my username there is jennifer_neo..

Agatha said...

so cute!

coboypb said...

I forgot to mention that Pip is a dwarf winter white hamster :>

JerL said...

Your parents and you have such kind hearts. I think Pip will be so grateful for such a change in the living conditions. Think he must have been starved.. Poor thing.. Pip is really cute!