Monday, October 31, 2005

Hot and interesting Sunday!

My friend, Shuhui and I visited the World Animal Day event at Bishan Park before 11am. It was a hot humid day but it was nice to see dog owners bringing their dogs for a walk and people showing the support for the event.


We bought the ASD calendars and shirts. I got a shock when someone poked my side and it was my another good friend, Jasmine who was cooling down after jogging with a friend.

I was quite surprised to see NEA's exhibit panels on dengue and Shuhui was amused that there was a dengue talk @ 5pm.

I said hi to Dawn and had to leave soon before the merchandise for the CWS' shirts and bookmarks arrived. I shall get them another time :>
A curious dog was sniffing me for a while and that was why I notice this beautiful dog has lost one of its legs.

We hopped down to AMK library to borrow some children's story book for reference and inspiration. I found one about a hamster who has a diary. Isn't it cool?

We are taking up this challenge of writing and illustrating a story for children. I forwarded this initiative by MDA to some of my friends and when Shuhui suggested we could do it together, we have been brainstorming and decided our story will focus on pets. The deadline is 16 Dec, so if you are interested, there is still time.

After a fruitful discussion @ Shuhui's house in the afternoon and eating some of her mum's daosuan, we met our 2 friend from our secondary school for dinner @ Cafe Cartel @ Junction 8 to catch up. I didn't manage to find any community cats last night and went home straight.

No comments: