Sunday, October 02, 2005

Community cats

This is another name for stray cats and I think it's quite apt as these cats seem to treat the park or the side of the HDB block their home. I have just discovered yesterday after work that the nice shopkeeper uncle @ our void deck has left and another indian shopkeeper has taken over. I felt a little sad as he had been taking care of the 2 cats and now I don't see the 2 cats around the shop anymore. I wonder what has happened to them.

I have been seeing this black and white cat from the window of my flat (11th storey) for the past few weeks. Mum said it has been hanging around the area for quite some time as the Malay family seems to be taking care of it. I thought I tried my luck when I was on the way home just now around 3plus pm and there it was lazing and taking a nap.


It was quite friendly and didn't mind me stroking it. I then decided to roam around the park to see if I could see other cats. A shy black cat was hiding in the bushes.

Then there was this friendly clean cat near the bushes. It has a collar with a bell around its neck. I wonder if it belonged to someone. It allowed me to stroke her, her face and gave her a good body massage.

Look like it's smiling into the camera. So adorable!

It seemed so at home and at ease, just lying there on the ground, stretching.

I managed to coax the little black cat from its hiding place with some dry cat food but it was quite skittish and fled back into the bushes a few times.

The beautiful cat also ate some food and continued to stay in its relaxed pose when I finally headed home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are really nice and clear. It's really good you managed so many. Looks like the tabby has a collar so probably has a "loose" owner. So when are you going to give nimbus a massage? ;p

Dawn said...

Nice photos! I agree with slushy - looks like the cat with the collar is someone's cat. Do they look sterilised? The ears aren't tipped.

coboypb said...

Yeah, their ears aren't tipped. I saw the collared cat just now on the way home but it ran away when I tried to approach it. I saw another cat that looks like the collared cat and has a tipped ear. No sign of the skittish black cat and the black and white cat these few days.

How to tell if they are sterilised?