Saturday, February 12, 2011

Work and drive

I have a good start this morning by going for my driving lesson @ 8.30am. This time, I could start and brake the car smoothly most of the time. The instructor also cleared me to proceed to new module the next lesson (tomorrow), as I have a better understanding of the gear changing and would able to do so as we drive through Bedok Reservoir Rd to Tampines and back to the school. Along the way, we would chat a bit about work and life.

This experience and other incidents often make me wonder why often I am not able to find the awe, joy, wisdom and meaning in my work. My colleagues are nice, not back stabbers, my bosses aren't nasty but they are not of mentor material either because they are too busy or they don't care about staff development. Work is just reactive.

I know I am lucky too that this job can provide financial support for my lifestyle and my 2 home cats and about 10 community cats, etc. I also have time to pursue my interests after work and spend time with family and friends I guess I shouldn't complain too much but I like it that I am not complacent and still have the drive to find things to learn on my own. If not, life will be boring and meaningless.

3 comments:

Sete-Sonos said...

You look like a very positive guy!
you look like someone who enjoys every little think of life!

nice blog!!

imp said...

focus on your life outside of work. i'm a little envious because my new job will consume all my life, leaving me with no personal space. so i'll use my probation period to think hard and see if i want to live this way. :P

coboypb said...

I'm envious of you sometimes when I read your blog :) it must be an interesting job for you to consider. I shall enjoy the nice bits of my work and my life and bear with the boring or frustrating aspects :)