Sunday, February 06, 2011

Anime: Ouran High School Host Club

I just finished watching the last 2 epi of the 26-episode anime. It took me a few months to watch it as there are always other things to do. I declare it the best anime I have watched so far. Funny, heartwarming and beautiful drawings and interesting storyline. I even cried a little during the last episode and was smiling when it ended happily. Maybe I should look for the manga to read as I read from some reviews that the characters were fleshed out better in the manga.

The 2 reviews below kind of summarise how I feel about the anime:
http://www.nihonreview.com/anime/ouran-high-school-host-club/
http://www.sleepisfortheweak.org/reviews/ouran

3 comments:

sp said...

didn't expect you to like this anime! ;p but yes, it is really funny. I have some of the manga, though you know me I hardly ever buy vol 1. ;p let me know and i'll pass you what I have.

oh, mangaobsess.blogspot.com also has a review on it!

coboypb said...

Yes I think I read about it on mangaobsess some time ago but i wasn't interested until I saw the manga mentioned on New York Times' to read list. Wondering if I should try to find the jap manga to read - think it will take me ages to do so. Haha.

sp said...

I have some of the Chinese manga but also tough tough tough!