Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm one of the unique 10% :)

After all the hesitation about whether to go for lasik, the pre-lasik eye test on Thurs made the decision for me. I went through the various eye test - eye pressure, curvature, eye power, etc. The senior consultant @ SNEC told me my eyes are healthy but my cornea is too thin (480mm instead of the required minimum of 500mm) and I belong to the 10% population with thin cornea. I asked her if the current technology allows people with thin cornea to undergo lasik. She said yes but she won't recommend that as lasik will make my cornea even thinner and I will experience some problem down the road. After explaining, the doc put eye drops to dilate my pupils. A while later, a nurse dripped eye drops again before doc checked my retina and said it's healthy. The time spent @ SNEC from 1.30pm to before 3pm was surprisingly short as my friend who went there recently were there till 5+pm.

With blurry vision (I could see far but not near objects like price tags and menu), sis and I went to check out Trove @ Esplanade. I had to ask Sis how much was this and that. I can admire the clothes but I can't make out the words/numbers on the price tags. Hee. After trying a few clothes and leaving with them, we went to Max Brenner and I had to put the menu further away to look the ingredients for the various types of the hot chocolate. We spent our time there from 4+pm to 5+pm before slowly making our way home for home-cooked dinner. My vision was back to normal before 5pm. Oh well, I'll continue investing in spectacles and contact lens :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there!
thank you for your support!
hope to see you guys soon.

:)

Victoria from Trove