Sunday, November 01, 2009

Taking a break from Bob

Bob has been away from home for a week because I asked a friend to help me take care of him for a few weeks. This is mainly to give Mom a break as it can be tough trying to feed the community cats in the morning, trying to get Angel to settle down in one of the rooms and let Bob out for a few hours. Bob will sometimes try to move the barrier away when Angel is protesting behind the door. Mom finds it stressful when the 2 cats do that, as the time for Bob out of his "prison cell" may have to be cut short.

See the photo below of Bob checking out the barrier comprising of detergent bottles, orange peel and fly swatter (from Daisho). Bob will retreat @ times when we wave the swatter in his face, but when he is intent in trying to get past the barrier, I can only stop him by carrying him away by the scruff of his neck.

The 2nd photo shows Bob's interest in other objects in the house. The open door leads to my bedroom aka Bob's "prison cell".

I feel stressed at times too when I'm out late @ night and Mom will have to accompany Bob in my room and Bob is harder to manage @ night and Mom won't be able to get him back into my room. Bob will meow loudly when he is alone in the room and we don't want our neighbours to complain. The only entertainment in my room is the radio and Bob :P so poor Mom will miss her favorite CSI on Tues/Wed. If I'm home, we can let him out for an hour while Angel is sleeping in Sis' room and I can easily carry him back to my room to sleep.

I had taken a number of photos of Bob before sending him to my friend's place. I miss him already - miss him keeping my head warm @ night, hugging him, touching my nose on his :) I may consider putting Bob @ my friend's place for short period like this, whenever we need a break.

Me bonding with Bob :)


Bob guarding the main door

Bob oblivious to the "big cat"

Bob in his cute sitting posture

4 comments:

horus said...

Bob has a nice smile. :)

No matter how many shots i take of Horus, he always look sulky and grumpy. Maybe its due to the fur colour? I like the last shot the most. :)

coboypb said...

Horus sounds like Angel :)

Ooof said...

Bob is getting fatter. Lol

coboypb said...

Yeah, he's the fat one in the family, but can still jump up on top of the fridge. Not as gracefully as Angel and will clumsily try to jump down at times :)