Thursday, November 12, 2009

Jogging in Fivefingers

I have worn Fivefingers for four 30 minute-jogging sessions on the following dates and venues:
(1) 15 Oct @ Botanic Gardens
(2) 22 Oct @ Botanic Gardens
(3) 6 Nov @ Bishan Park
(4) 11 Nov @ Bishan Park

For the 1st and 2nd sessions, I ended up with the back of my leg muscles aching for a day or 2 but no knee aches. I experienced no muscle aches at all for the 3rd and yesterday’s sessions. I have to wear my toe socks to prevent discomfort and blister of the skin from rubbing against the plastic piece of the shoe.

We’ll be jogging at Botanic Gardens next week, so I will be able to tell if the terrain/route makes a difference or Fivefingers is one of the greatest invention! J I notice that I feel lighter on my feet and can run slightly faster by landing on the balls of my feet. I can’t sustain the higher speed for more than a few minutes though and have to go back to a slower comfortable pace.

2 comments:

Flying raisin said...

Goody! Maybe I shall overlook the looks of the shoes too... ;)

Dawn said...

Some people suggest putting a piece of tape on your Achilles tendron to stop the ache on the back of your foot. It does go away :)

I got blisters when I started too :)