Saturday, November 03, 2007

One more sterilised cat to my family of community cats


Tree, a tortoise-shell cat should be sterilised anytime soon. I trapped it on Thurs night and sent it to the vet clinic yesterday morning. The clinic called me that they didn't manage to sterilise it yesterday and will do so this afternoon. I hope it's alright. It must be frightened by the experience of being cooped up in the carrier for so long. I will collect it tomorrow morning and I should be able to know its sex too.

I wanted to trap it in Sep but it fled when it saw my carrier. After that, Tree has trusted us gradually from hissing at us from a distance but ate our food to hissing and following us. However, we still can't touch it. On Thurs, I fed Tree wet food instead of usual dry food and slowly placed the paper plate of food nearer to the carrier and finally in the carrier. It took me quite a while before I can close the door to the carrier. For a small size cat, Tree has a lot of strength knocking the sides of the carrier.

No comments: