Friday, November 09, 2007

cats and housework

I feel rather tired now. Since we brought home Monkee (aka Charcoal),
we have to clean up the cage twice a day, feed him wet food a few times a day, play with him (or rather he loves to nip our hands and feet) and feed him antibiotic every night (prescribed by the vet to build up his immunity). Monkee is quite an attention seeker (crying to be out of the cage, for wet food and for our attention) and makes a mess of his cage. He also makes us laugh with his antics - chasing our feet relentlessly, cocking his head to one side and staring at us, foaming at his mouth after we feed him the antibiotic (the vet assured us that it is normal).

Angel still doesn't seem to like Monkee. He would hiss or spar with Monkee when Monkee climbs up the cage and meowed. I also try to give Angel my attention so that he won't feel neglected with the new kitten around. He has been going to my bedroom more frequently as Mom has moved his carpet and toys into my room and for the past few months, he has been sleeping with my head on my pillow briefly a few times a night. I think he feels comfortable that when the lights are out, my door is always open for him. My parents and Sis close their bedroom doors when they sleep. I always leave my door open, so that I can wake up immediately if I hear any loud noise in the house.

I'm very happy to see Tree (the latest sterilised community cat) the past nights after I released him on Sat night. Mom also saw him in the mornings when she feeds the community cats. Shadow has already been eating and drinking :)

I'm on leave today and stay at home to help Mom with the housework. I cleaned the shower area in the kitchen using Seventh Generation shower cleaner. I must say I couldn't stand the smell (a bit citrusy) after a while, so I had to breathe through a hanky. Mom mops and cleans up areas like the toilets once a week, so we have been very fortunate to live in a clean house. I also cleaned up the computer table - so much dust! Then I dusted the top of my cabinets in my bedroom, tidied up my clothes compartment and remove old articles and papers I won't be reading to the recycling bag.

My hands now feel drier but I feel satisfied I have helped mom to keep the house clean today. I will just put more moisturiser on my hands tonight :)

No comments: