Saturday, November 24, 2007

Catching up with my girlfriends

I took afternoon leave to hang out with my good friend, Huijuan back in university days. We had lunch at Food Republic @ Wisma Atria before I accompanied to shop for some gift in Takashimaya.

I then brought her to my favorite clothes boutique @ International Plaza @ Tanjong Pagar since she needs to get a dress for her sister's wedding in Dec. In the end, I was the one who ended up buying 2 dresses and 2 tops as I like them and the owner, Julia kind of knew my style and preferences after I shopped there a number of times since last year.

About $200 lighter (for me), we headed to Tanjong Pagar Plaza to get some muffins from Choc N Spice. I decided to pop by Professional Hair Studio (located there) to ask my hairstylist whether she could trim my hair and I could still be in time to meet another friend, Esther in Orchard Road. She said yes!

With a lighter head, I met Esther @ Kinokuniya @ Ngee Ann City and we each had a curry puff before we took a bus to her place to meet her husband. We drove to Commonwealth Ave to have fried bee hoon, stir fried cabbage, otak, luncheon meat and the popular fried chicken wings. Then we drove through King Albert's Park McDonald to have vanilla ice cream cones. Even though Esther and Dixon both were tired from a day's or rather a week's hard work, they had the energy to entertain me and also go down to Mustafa Centre to look at the computer speakers that Dixon was eyeing. They gave me a lift home and today both are still working.

I'm glad to have caught up with Huijuan and Esther. All of us are leading different lives but we do try to keep in touch. It doesn't matter that we had not seen each other for a few months or more before yesterday.

I think one of the best things in life are our friends - those at work, those who share common interests, those who understand you and are there for you, those who are just nice! :)

No comments: