Saturday, January 20, 2007

Genesis

My colleagues and I went down to Lor Telok off Circular Road for lunch @ Genesis, a vegetarian cafe yesterday. We has salad and pan fried dumplings to share. The fried dumpling is good and comes with chilli sauce (similar to chicken rice chilli sauce).


My "tuna" sandwich

is made of mushroom. The others had "bak kut teh", claypot rice, olive rice and japanese rice set.

For drinks, 3 of us had almond rice drink

(a bit like Horlicks with tiny bits of rice in it, tasted malty) while one of them had black sesame drink (a bit like our chinese dessert ZhiMaHu) and another had aloe vera honey lime drink. The colleague who drove us there was quite amused by me taking photos of the food :)

The price is reasonable - $4.50 to $5plus for a main and the drinks are $2.50 each. I only paid about $9.30 for what I ate and drank. Most The food was yummy, not too oily and tasty. I will definitely visit it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks nice, see all the rocket (?) and other lettuce. I am getting a craving for salads!