Sunday, January 21, 2007

Chocolate coffee walnut cake

Since I am spending the whole day @ home, I thought I should try a new recipe and bake a cake. I came across the recipe from the baker's blog and the cake looks yummy.

I used 100g of walnuts instead of hazelnut, 200g instead of 250g of brown and white sugar, 250g of dark and milk chocolate and hershey's choc chips. The rest I followed what were required by the recipe and I had to bake for about 1.5 hr.

This is what the cake looks like before baking. And I also sprinkled some cranberries on one side of the cake.

The cake turned out to be quite rich, loose and nutty as described by the baker. It tastes something like brownie but more moist. It's quite nice but it's not something that I'm looking for. I want something lighter. This cake feels so rich that it can give me a heart attack :) I will bring some for my friends @ work to try. I'm also looking forward to my food tasters - my family's review!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, it looks nice! Especially those chocolate chunks. They make my eyes pop out! And I'ms ure the cranberries were a nice added touch. I shall have to make appt to meet you! ;p