Saturday, January 06, 2007

Cat Show @ Malay Village tomorrow (7 Jan 2007)

Some volunteers and I will be @ Singgahsana Hall @ Malay Village (next to open-air car park beside Tanjong Katong Complex, near Paya Lebar MRT station) tomorrow from 10am to 5pm as Cat Welfare Society has been given a booth by Singapore Cat Club at a cat show.

Beside T-shirts, The Real Singapore Cat Book, car decals, posters and mugs, we will be selling postcards that were launched at last year's AVA roadshow. A set of 4 postcards is priced at $4 and there are 2 different sets you can choose from.


Some of the volunteers in earlier events have suggested that we should have a donation box so that visitors to our booth can choose to donate if they do not wish to buy the merchandise. I recycle an old ice cream container (got Dad to help cut a slit on the cover and he gave me a big one :) ), drew a cat on a cardboard box paper and created this donation container. Hopefully, this could help Cat Welfare Society to raise a little bit of funds tomorrow :)

4 comments:

KXBC said...

Eh...I did not see the donation box. But I bought the Stop the Killing decal.

Not sure which volunteer is you though. Are you the taller one? Or the shorter one?

Also to check if AXS takes a commission cut if one does a donation via any AXS machine.

coboypb said...

kxbc, did you visit us in the morning or morning? I'm the tall one :) Only a few people bought the decals but I can't recall the faces. The donation box was there but earlier in the morning it was not very obvious or I was counting the donated amount for brief periods.

AXS will charge CWS a small amount for admin fee.

KXBC said...

I went after lunch around 2+. If I remember correctly, you have short hair, wearing a white T-shirt and had a pounch slung across your body. Right?

Do you know what is the admin fee charged? % of donation or flat fee?

coboypb said...

I'm not sure how the admin fee is charged by AXS. Will update you when I find out. I was wearing a dark blue top and jeans :)