Monday, October 08, 2007

World Animal Day @ Marina Square

I spent the weekend with the volunteers to help Cat Welfare Society to raise funds and awareness about community cats.


Action for Singapore Dogs (ASD) organised this World Animal Day Exhibition at Marina Square and invited CWS and Noah's Ark CARES (NANAS) to participate too. Our booths were located at the foot of the escalators leading to the food court so there was good human traffic. A wedding show was also going on at the same time.

Although I had a bit of sore throat and cough which affected my energy level, I enjoyed the company of the volunteers and those from ASD and NANAS. I'm also touched that 3 CWS committee members, my sis and dad came down to help too :)

2 of my volunteers got 2 free cupcakes from the wedding show for me and sis after they ended their shift. So sweet of them.


It's nice to see 3 different animal welfare groups coming together and I hope the presence of us at the malls help to remind the shopping crowd at Marina Square that animals need our love and help too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you notice the t shirt used to wrap the seat behind the booth??
I bought 2 pieces,gave 1 to my colleague to create awareness.
The feedback was,its really a nice design,they love it n wanted more pieces of it. =)

coboypb said...

Hi, Danny

The T-shirt was just draped over the chair, so that the volunteers and I can easily show the size to customers :)

The next event is AVA Responsible Pet Ownership Roadshow at Ngee Ann City Civics Plaza on 17-18 Nov and we will be bringing in more of the continuous cat T-shirts and other designs.

You are the one who has signed up to be a CWS volunteer, right? :)