Monday, October 22, 2007

A nice start to the weekend

Last Fri after work, my friend and I visited the Singapore Arts Museum since we were only meeting our girlfriends at 10.30pm for the movie "Lust, Caution". I like some of the paintings by Widayat, an Indonesian modern artist. The details, the way he reflects the beauty of the trees, flowers and birds.

We also went for the curator's tour at 7.30pm for the Big Picture Show where he shared with the group of about 15 of us the story and interpretations of big paintings by Asian and local artists. It was my first time going for such a tour and I find it very refreshing and interesting to listen to an expert talking about the paintings. It was also quite fun to come up with my own thoughts about the paintings and see how close and far they are from the curator's.

An hour later, we dropped by Food for Thought to collect the earnings from my first batch of nice ginger cookies sold. $30. I felt happy that all 90 cookies were sold.

We went to Purvis Street for dinner at Chin Chin Eating House. My friend said we had been here a few years ago for the famous pork chop. I can remember that Chin Chin has this famous pork chop but I can't recall having a meal here with my friends. Oh dear, ageing. We had seaweed soup, Hainanese chicken, prawn omelette and baby kailan. That was a lot of food for us 2 greedy girls :)

We watched the movie with 4 other girls. I think the show is ok. I don't agree with the reviews that it's a great show.

A few of us headed to our friend's new place. It is lovely. I smelled the Ikea furniture when I stepped in. Her 2 dogs are beautiful too. They barked initially and calmed down after a short while. We chilled out till 4am - chatting, drinking water, looking at her wedding photos, stroking her dogs, eating chips before going home to sleep.

No comments: