Saturday, December 24, 2005

Crowded polyclinic

On Monday, I accompanied Mum to Hougang Polyclinic for her blood pressure checkup. It was so crowded and we have to wait for about 100 numbers to be called before it was mum's turn to go to the cashier and get another number for her turn to see the doctor. Mum was a bit disappointed that her favorite doctor was on leave and she had to see another doctor.

I can understand why some people choose to visit the polyclinic's doctors instead of their nearby GPs for subsidised rates. However, I myself find it unbearable, waiting and waiting and I think my time is more valuable and if I feel sick, I would rather see a GP immediately. The last time I saw a doc in the polyclinic was when I was a baby.

3 comments:

kuro.shiro.neko said...

yeah, i can imagine. so how long was the wait?

Agatha said...

Yah, I waited ages once with TH. It was unbearable esp in this heat...we will never go there again!

coboypb said...

I think it was at least 30 mins. The wait also seemed long because there weren't seats for us and the place where we were waiting was stuffy. I had to be auntie and fanned myself with one of their brochures :>