Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Day

Yesterday

8am: I woke up to a rainy day. I read the Straits Time while eating my brownie (which tasted better than the night before).

11am: KBox @ Toa Payoh Central. I was crooning with 2 other girl friends or rather one of them just wanted to be the audience and not sing. Another girl came in 30mins later. I sang English songs with the exception of this Mandarin song called Tong Hua which I sang with the 2 girls. The MTV for English songs are really terrible. Unlike the Mandarin ones which are authentic and features the singers themselves, the English ones either have cheesy scenes or music. I sang songs like "Longer", "If love is blind", "Dream a little dream of me", etc. They don't have Colin Raye's "Love, me" and I had a hard time searching for the songs I want to sing because they only classify the songs by titles and not by singers' names unlike the Mandarin songs.

However, it was a fun experience as it was the first time we 4 friends from secondary school days came together to sing. We paid about $11 each for 3 hours of singing and a meal (fried rice or pasta with chicken nugget or beef and small salad and 2 pieces of honey dew or watermelon) and a drink.

About 2.30pm: We went to one of the girls' flat @ Ang Mo Kio to have dessert (ice kacang, cheng teng, ginko barley) and view her place and chat.

6pm: I arrived at Orchard MRT station and was shocked that the place was packed with people. I quickly escaped to Wisma Atria since I was supposed to meet Psychedelichic at 6.30 am so I browsed at Forever 21 (nothing there caught my fancy), Isetan (I saw some tops in clothes section and Mango that I thought of trying but there was a long queue).

6.30pm: Psychedelichic and I went to Central, the Hong Kong eatery @ Takashimaya basement. We ordered cheese baked rice with pork chop, seafood hor fun, cold honey lemon, thick toast with peanut butter and condensed milk and eight treasures tea. The seafood hor fun was a bit disappointing. We had a nice time catching up about her dog, Grizzly and her kittens and also our lives.

9.30pm: The day would not be complete if mum and I don't go down to the nearby park to see Shadow and White Neck the community cats. We fed them the dry cat food and water. A short while later, 2 other sterilised cats (Fat Cat and Shrek) came to join in the feast. After saying bye-bye to them, it was home sweet home for us.

No comments: