Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mid-year ramblings

Another week has passed and the weekend is here. As usual, the past weekdays were busy and eventful. As I attended a Powerpoint Version 2007 course the last 2 days, it has worked my brain a bit too. Hope I will be able to put some of the animation and creative tools to use. Maybe I can use it to entice some college students to join our organisation. Someone said I should try too hard and ruin their lives. Haha. I shall see if I have time next week to improve the slides from our HR people. Anyway, I am not a charismatic speaker too, so have to make sure I don't bore anyone to tears.

It is also inspiring to know 2 colleagues who have also been learning Jap. They are definitely more advanced than me the beginner. I need to find a way to practice my Jap and also get used to listening to it. I still have to rewind the sound clip for the listening comprehension section of the homework everytime as I can't catch most of what they are saying. Jialak. At least I'm not giving up learning yet :)

Tonight and tomorrow afternoon I'll be separately catching up with 2 girl friends whom I initially worked with them on community cat welfare issues since and we have become good friends. We can talk about our cats (home and community), our life, food and almost everything. Sometimes I feel inspired after talking to these 2 strong women to continue in my work with the community cats.

I have another girl friend who is going through a tough period now. I hope with whatever time left, she and her hubby can together find the peace and strength. It's strange to face terminal illness and death at our age and with medical advancement but it's fate or life playing a joke and we just have to rely on ourselves, our beliefs (religious or just personal life philosophy), our loved ones to live the rest of our life as meaningful as we can until our body can no longer support our life anymore.

It's a stark reminder that we should sometimes just stop in our tracks and ask ourselves whether we are walking on the right path. Will we have any regrets if suddenly we find we or our loved ones only have this short time to live? What can we do now? Sometimes it's simply spending more quality time with our loved ones or slowly change our lifestyle or doing something meaningful/learning something instead of procrastinating or waiting for more time. By now, we should know we will never have enough time. It's about sacrificing time for something else. I won't suggest sleep as sleep is important. I think it's about planning but I'm quite a bad planner myself and still trying to find a balance between work, spending time with family, cats and friends and also have time to bake, tidy my room and cupboards (reflecting a cluttered mind :P) and of course time to learn my Jap and new stuff.

Life is beautiful when we are healthy and we can think about all the things we can do and enjoy and also give love and concern to our loved ones and people around us. And hopefully when our end is near, we are stronger in mind (if not body) and have no regrets leaving this world.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Must be tough for her and her husband. Is there nothing that can be done?

coboypb said...

My friend's husband has stomach cancer - stage 4 and he just discovered it in early Jun. He had gone through 3 chemo treatments and his tumour is getting bigger and cancer cells are fast spreading.Feel very sad for my friend.

Dawn said...

I'm so sorry for your friend.