Sunday, September 21, 2008

Itchy, itchy

That's how the skin on my face and neck had been feeling for the past week. I'm not sure what I have applied on my face to get rashes/hives/flares, as I like to try new stuff on my face. I thought I could afford to do so as so far my skin could take organic, natural products to other kinds (non-natural) of treatments for anti-ageing, etc. I guess I was wrong.

I visited the GP who gave me anti-itchy pills and some aqueous cream to soothe my skin. My friend also gave me some cream prescribed by her dermatologists for her eczema. Perhaps the pills over time help plus the powers of my friend's cream - my skin is almost back to normal. This morning, I can use 2 of the organic sunblock and light moisturiser with no itchy rash.

I must remember to do a patch test when using new products. It's really terrible to develop a skin allergy and having to face the world. Hee. Luckily, it wasn't that serious and I could cover a bit with my usual organic loose powder.

2 comments:

JerL said...

Oh dear, I hope your skin is ok by now... Skin allergy can be quite serious...

coboypb said...

My skin is almost recovered. Thanks!